Have a go at serving these customers.
Don’t worry, nobody’s watching, and you’re not being tested!
- You cannot sell tobacco, vaping products, alcohol or national lottery tickets to anyone under the age of 18.
- Tobacco products are not just cigarettes and include cigars and cigarette papers, for example.
- If in doubt about somebody’s age, you must ask for valid photo ID.
- If you refuse a sale, make sure you record the incident.
- The Health Service Executive (HSE) Environmental Health Officers send test purchasers to retail stores across the country.